Sunday, October 28, 2012

God's Country


                Transcendentalists believed in the individual, nature, life, and death. I like to think that some of these elements reflect my personality and character. I like to be independent and not rely on others because when others fall, I fall with them. Another point is I love nature. I can never get enough of it. Nature is where I want to live. It sounds outlandish compared to this technological based society we live in today, but once you go out to nature and reflect, you really never want to leave.
In the summer of second grade my family bought a trip to Montana at an auction. We went with my aunts, uncles, and cousins as well. We stayed in a log cabin right on the Gallatin River, so at night the deer would come down to the river and drink. It was an awesome experience seeing animals in their habitat undisturbed. The rest of our trip consisted of hiking hours to get to a breathtaking lake right in between the mountains, traveling through Yellowstone National Park, horseback through the rough terrain, and much more.
I always told myself I was going to move back out there right where we stayed. It changed how I viewed life as an individual compared to the rest of the world. It made me wonder how people could be so ignorant to God’s country way out in the middle of nowhere. It’s kind of funny, you go looking for nothing out there, but you come back with something you will cherish forever.

1 comment:

  1. Love this post Natalie! You definitely have some transcendentalist traits! :)

    ReplyDelete